Friday, May 13, 2005

Loretta Lux and Rob Goldman

I saw the work from Loretta Lux at the Yossi Milo Gallery yesterday. She was there signing her first monograph published by Aperture. Her pictures are weird, surreal, but what next? How do you grow as an artist if you keep doing the same thing? After a while it looks repetitive to me.

Once again I had another talk by Rob Goldman. A more spiritual kind of approach to photography. We even read poetry. I could not believe that I was there. I thought that I was losing my time. However, it allowed me to realize one important thing:photography gave me the pleasure to take pictures without a camera. I do not always carry it with me, but images are out there to be discovered. So instead of feeling frustrated, I just enjoy the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home